West Ridge Academy

5500 West Bagley Park Road, West Jordan, Utah, 84081

Jordan
absolute shittt
Lucas
I attended west ridge academy the year after the name changed from the Utah boys ranch to west ridge academy. while my parents tried to cope with what was ultimately a rebellious teen. I feel they could have made more of an effort to actually communicate the importance of certain life values as opposed to dumping me in a place that many troubled individuals are ultimately left to live out their teenage years. That’s not an easy age for anyone, try being empathetic to your child and maybe you won’t have to resort to a place such as this.. I left west ridge academy having felt like I lost a part of my childhood. There is also quite a bit of abuse that occurs within the confines of their building.
Bjorn
Our child was a student and patient at West Ridge in 2019 and 2020. We believe the therapist and support staff did their best to help our child, but the administrative aspects of the facility are a mess. Hope to claim the expenses for medical reimbursement from your insurance? Good luck - you will get more details on an invoice from a restaurant than what you would get from West Ridge. Our child continued to develop an \"institutionalized\" mindset while staying there, which is obviously a negative for maturation as a teen. We sympathize with any parents exploring options where a therapeutic boarding school is an option. Life is probably a mess at this point, and it is so difficult to navigate all the types of facilities.
Program related to preteens/teen in addiction. Probably would have worked better if we could have maintained our son in for a longer period of time than 8 months. Strengths:Faith based Weakness:Cost