UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital

4101 NW 89th Boulevard, Gainesville, Florida, 32608
UF Health Florida Recovery Center provides treatment for substance abuse, anxiety and depression. With facilities located throughout Florida, FRC offers a wide variety of high-quality and accessible recovery services. The Gainesville location is the Center’s main campus, with 20 licensed hospital beds for detox and a residential rehab community for men and women seeking to break away from destructive environments and overcome their addictive behaviors.

Kaushal
Staff did not treat me the best, unfortunately!
They were good at treating teen issues. Could not stay there for good treatment. I was a minor at this facility for recreational drug and addiction issues. I went more than once and they could not get through to me. It took me until I was 19 to fix my issues myself.
I have been sober for 7+ years, but I believe that was through the help of AA and a good Therapist rather than the facility. All Vista did was get me dry. I don't think I would have stayed that way without AA. It was what worked. My Psychiatrist and Therapist got the right medications and kept the pieces together so that AA could do it's magic Vista used an AA apreoach, plus communication training. We had Occipational and Physical Outdoor activities. We read the Big Book stories and attended meetings. It was hard to understand what that meant. Three psychatrists plus one or more social workers were the treatment team. They would decend on you once a day to discuss your case. It was very scary and overwhelming. I my case they wanted me to enter a 30 day treatment program out of state which I found undoable from a cost and family perspective. Facility, Staff, Food (which has now changed negitivly),Program. Psychiatrists, Not enough individual time with theapists, Not explaining the rules and routine to new patients at check-in, Fortunately, I am strong willed and found AA so I remain sober.
Robert
A hand surgeon disrespected me because I refused to accept the concept of a supreme being or higher power. He actually walked out of my room in disgust when he heard my philosophy.
It was OK not bad. Being helpful and thanking God for helping people.