Next Step Foundation, Inc
619 Washington Avenue, Terre Haute, Indiana, 47802
Next Step is a community funded faith-based program located on the western coast of Indiana. Next Step’s “Step-In” treatment program consists of a 90-day residential program comprised of daily 12-Step meetings and weekly classes. Upon successful completion of “Step In,” participants are encouraged to attend “Step-Up,” in which they receive individual outpatient assistance to ensure long term recovery.
- Individualized Programming with Weekly One-on-One’s
- Weekly Nutritionist and Job Skills Professional On-Site
- Only Women’s Houses in Terre Haute, IN Area Able to Take Women with Children
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Dana SimonsExecutive DirectorBachelors of English and an education credential. Completed course hours for Indiana Community Health Worker/Certified Recovery Specialist Training Program. Pursuing Masters in Clinical Social Work.
- Leslie SandersProgram ManagerWork experience with mentally ill and years of experience in group homes and sober living communities as staff.