The Meadows

1655 N Tegner St, Wickenburg, Arizona, 85390
The Meadows treatment center in Wickenburg, Arizona is the nation’s premier program for treating trauma, drug and alcohol addiction, sex addiction, panic and anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, codependency, depression, bipolar disorder, and eating disorders. For more than 40 years, we have helped patients heal from disorders related to childhood trauma and relational trauma. Clinicians and professionals trust us more than any other treatment program because of our impeccable reputation for quality, integrity, and long-term recovery.

• Patient-Focused Recovery
  • Trusted by Professionals
  • Healing The Family

• Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Mountains

• Sean Walsh
    Sean WalshPresident and Chief Executive Officer
    Sean Walsh is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Meadows Behavioral Healthcare and is responsible for the oversight of its family of programs which include The Meadows, Gentle Path at The Meadows, Claudia Black Young Adult Center, The Meadows Ranch, Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows, The Meadows Outpatient Center, and Willow House at The Meadows. Sean has been in the behavioral health field since 1996. Sean has a clinical background and although he has been a treatment center executive since 2009, he is a licensed therapist and is highly invested in ensuring quality care to the patients The Meadows serves. Sean came to The Meadows from Calvary Addiction Recovery Center where he was the Chief Executive Officer. Prior to Calvary, Sean was the COO of Laurel Ridge Treatment Center in San Antonio, he has held a wide variety of positions in the treatment field ranging from; Director of Outpatient, Risk Management, Case Management, Intake and has been a primary therapist specializing in treating young adults.
  • Dr. David Anderson, Ph.D
    Dr. David Anderson, Ph.DExecutive Director of The Meadows
    David has nearly 40 years of experience in the behavioral health field, primarily in executive leadership roles in private practice, academic, hospital, and treatment facility settings. David's previous positions include Chairman of the Psychology Department, Bethel College (St. Paul, MN); Executive Director of Sierra Tucson (Tucson, AZ); Chief Operating Officer of the Crisis Response Center (Tucson); and Executive Director of Mirasol Recovery Centers (Tucson). In addition to oversight of facility operations and management teams, he also enjoys the provision of direct clinical services (psychological assessment and individual/group therapy). David holds a Ph.D. in Clinical & Community Psychology from the University of South Florida. He is past president of both the Southern AZ Psychological Association and the Brain Injury Association of AZ. David's experiences have led to a deep appreciation for what it truly means to provide high-quality, excellent, patient and family-centered care in the context of a holistic, integrated, evidence-based, and model-energized facility.

PD
Family week is only for addicts in treatment. Family members are not able to truly share their stories truly. It’s all about the addict. No Followup. Very expensive. The dollars and mental to fly, rent car, hotel, your time, and mentally, do not go!
JT
I went to the Meadows in 1977 and it saved my life. At the time to save costs it offered non of the amenities it offers now but was strongly influenced by the 12 steps of AA. You were required to complete the first three steps which are the most difficult and stressed the importance of meetings individual and group counseling . and we had no free time to swim , horseback ride but we learned all about the disease of addiction. Most loving and professional group of people I had ever met. All were in recovery and had Masters in Addiction Counseling. One of the things I was impressed with the most was that there was no repeaters as the thinking was that it made recovery.more difficult. Hard to make money on that model. Almost 40 years later the promises are alive for me and my Meadows alumni husband. Thank My Higher power as I do not understand it for this place and all the people I met there it works if you work it is the truth
DSB
I sent my 19 son the The Meadows. He went screaming and kicking with depression and mania episodes . I had tried everything else, years of therapy, Psychiatrists and different treatments. When I arrived for family week, my son met with with open arms and said “ thank you mom. This is the best thing you’ve ever done for me.” The Meadows had properly diagnosed him and medicated him. Yes, it was very expensive (especially for a single mother) but I thank them everyday. My son is now 25. He has taken full responsibility for his mental health since leaving The Meadows. He is a successful professional and speaks highly of his experience there. It literally saved his life and our family. Thank you to the amazing staff who helped him and helped me as well.
CB
This experience was not just a game changer..it was a LIFE changer! It has taken me years to incorporate all that I learned here and I'm still applying it to new relationships/situations! This experience gave me the tools and healing I needed! Go! Stay as long as you can! Do the 1 year follow-up...you deserve three gift of recovery!
S.B.
There was no treatment. We were sequestered in beautiful grounds; the only positive. With the exception of one group session, the rest were run by patients. Once a week you saw a psychiatrist, and it was a different one each week; no consistency. My addiction(s) were never discussed with me by a professional; the patients had to figure this out on their own. The accommodations were atrocious for the money we paid; dirty and old. A year later I am still sober and heaven only knows how I got there except on my own. Perhaps it was the $60,000 up front money that was a factor.