The Dunes East Hampton
26 Bull Run, East Hampton, New York, 11937
The Dunes is a luxury residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment facility that provides clients with individualized, specialized addiction treatment therapies for lasting recovery. Therapeutic options include Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), family and experiential therapies and pharmacotherapy, as well as a selection of private and holistic courses of treatment.
- Legal Assistance and Case Management
- Exclusive Accommodations for Executives
- Customized Clinical Addiction Treatment Programs
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Nicholas Kardaras, Ph.D, LCSW, LCSW-RExecutive DirectorDr. Nicholas Kardaras is one of the country’s foremost addiction specialists. An Ivy League graduate, he is a former Clinical Professor at Stony Brook Medicine where he taught addiction treatment, human behavior, and Psychopathology; he has also taught neuropsychology at the doctoral-level and presented workshops and presentations on addiction and mental health both nationally and internationally. As a NY licensed psychotherapist, he embraces a transpersonal orientation as he specializes in the treatment of addiction and assisting people who are experiencing existential, life-transition, and/or psycho-spiritual challenges.
- Joseph McKinseyCEOJoe McKinsey is CEO of a national supplier of computer peripherals for the hospitality industry. Since he founded his company in 1992, Mr. McKinsey has built it into a multimillion-dollar business with offices in New York and Los Angeles. As a recovering alcoholic who has enjoyed 27 years of sobriety, Mr. McKinsey is thoroughly familiar with the addiction recovery process and is well-versed in 12-Step recovery. His primary motivation in founding The Dunes, a Safe Harbor Retreat property, is to help others who have struggled with dependency get a second chance and gain access to the types of opportunities that he has enjoyed in his recovery.