Sunspire Health Heartland

1237 East 1600 North Road, Gilman, Illinois, 60938
Sunspire Health Heartland is a private treatment facility for adult men and women suffering from substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. Located south of Chicago, on 33 acres of beautiful lakefront property, the facility boasts an environment ideal for those seeking a break to receive treatment. Our full continuum of care offers patients who come to Sunspire Health Heartland the opportunity to gain the skills, tools and support needed to live a life in long-term recovery.

• Individualized Treatment Plans
  • Aftercare and Ongoing Alumni Support

• Highly Qualified Staff

Our team is comprised of expert clinical and medical staff, including Board Certified and master's-level licensed mental health professionals and certified addiction specialists who provide individualized therapeutic programs for each patient. Patients are treated by some of the leading experts in the addiction treatment field in the state of Illinois.
  • Ideal Setting for Recovery

Given the secluded, tranquil setting in the countryside of Illinois, Sunspire Health Heartland is the ideal environment to reconnect with oneself while escaping the chaos that addiction can cause in life. The environment will offer patients the opportunity to clear their minds and begin again with a clean slate.

• Private/Secluded

• Tom Delegatto, MA, CADC
    Tom Delegatto, MA, CADCExecutive Director
    Tom Delegatto serves as the Executive Director at Sunspire Health Heartland. He is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor and has over twenty-five years of experience in the addiction treatment field. Before coming to Sunspire Health, Tom worked as the Corporate Director of Business Development for the Gateway Foundation, as the Chief Operating Officer for Hartgrove Hospital in Chicago, and as the Director of Business Development and Managed Care Contracting for Chicago Lakeshore Hospital, where he played a significant role in increasing admissions, successfully negotiating for increased rates and adding new hospital services. With his breadth of experience as a leading healthcare executive in Illinois, he oversees the daily operations, development, and programs of Sunspire Health Heartland.
  • Danesh Alam, MD
    Danesh Alam, MDMedical Director
    Dr. Alam is a licensed physician and surgeon in the State of Illinois. He completed his residency in psychiatry at the University of Illinois at Chicago and a fellowship in psychopharmacology at the same institution. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is additionally certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine. Dr. Alam is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association

Financial Details

• Financing Available

E.P.
I just received my 1 year coin thanks to Sunspire Health Heartland. I’m disappointed to see poor reviews by previous patients who seem to have forgotten why they were there. We aren’t writing a review for a resort, it’s a residential treatment center full of people who have chosen to dedicate themselves to helping addicts recover. I had dietary needs that were happily met, complaints that were addressed thoroughly and satisfactorily. They environment is serene, the gym is fantastic, and the staff were supportive. A year ago I was at an i describable low. I truly didn’t see a way out and didn’t really care what happened to me. I called Sunspire and he came and picked me up himself! When I read another post bashing him for increasing admissions I had to chuckle...only an addict would think like that. Being one, I know. I’ve learned so much on perspective and how to view things for what they really are. Increasing admissions in a blessing, a gift to those of us suffering in the grip of addiction. He made it possible for more sick people to get help. He made it possible to save more lives and give hope and purpose to those of us who felt we had none. I will never regret my choice to go to Sunspire and I recommend it often, wholeheartedly.
jesse
Strengths:counselors Weakness:clients need to be allowed to make Mistakes. My primary goal was to start and obtain a new life of sobriety and I have began that.
Josh
Staff was great. Very helpful. Rooms are very nice
Valerie
Treatment supplied for your individual needs. Great, large Staff that truly care. Few patients at a time, which makes for an intimate experience, and a good vive passed on. This place may have very well saved my life
Michael
Met lots of great people and the staff were more than accommodating.