Sheer Recovery

27130 Paseo Espada Ste.1423A, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
We are committed to providing the best clinical care to those who struggle with alcohol and other drugs. All clients will be welcomed by a caring and knowledgeable team of professions who are here to help.

• Certified and Credentialed caring staff support 24/7
  • Executive level amenities
  • Medically supervised detox

• Client & Family Support Groups

Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Executive

• Anthony Valanos
    Anthony ValanosAdmissions Director, RAS
    Anthony is the Director of Admissions. He is currently a Registered Addiction Specialist who also holds his CATC. Anthony has worked in the industry for over seven years and is credited with over 1,000 successful admissions to treatment. Anthony received his Bachelor of Science from the University of San Diego in 2003. He specializes in intervention and admission to treatment.
  • Susie Niemi
    Susie NiemiExecutive Director, MA
    Susie has over 30 years of experience in the field of Behavioral Health and Addiction Services. She received her Master’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Houston. She served as Executive Director, Clinical Director, Program Director and Trainer for a variety of Substance Abuse Treatment Programs, both in and out patient and within the public and private sectors. Susie is a Certified Mediator and is credentialed in Clinical Supervision. She has been with Sheer from the start and continues to be a tremendous asset in the development and structure of the programs. She values the integrity of this company in that it is all about the client. Susie considers it a true honor and blessing to be a part of a team that focuses on client and staff satisfaction. She is passionate about the recovery process and in providing the highest quality of client care. It is through Susie’s compassionate leadership and strength based approached to both clients and staff that make for a warm and inviting culture in which to work and to become clean and sober. Her people skills are exemplary and she has a tremendous nurturing gift which she exudes daily to both the clients and staff. She believes through love, nurturing and compassion that great things can be accomplished with the clients and staff at Sheer Recovery.

Financial Details

• Financing available

TH
I cannot recommend Sheer Recovery enough. Thanks to the staff at Sheer, my Mom has been sober for 3 years after 20+ years of battling addiction to prescription drugs. Our family will forever be grateful for everything they did for her and our family. They took care of HER not just the addiction. They helped her get sober, learn to deal with the past traumas that contributed to her addiction, how to cope with issues moving forward and also advised our family what we could do while she was gone to be more prepared for when she came home. As far as family care - the client is their main concern, but they kept in touch, made sure we understood the process and made sure that we were comfortable with her being there. We are forever grateful for everyone at Sheer.
Peter
Sheer helped me change my life. They have a gifted team that really cares. THiS IS NOT A FACTORY! The program of recovery Sheer helps you build is tailored to your needs. They helped me save my life. I not only lost the craving for my drug, but the tools to stay sober. I worked hard at my recovery and they stood behind me all the way. If you want to change your life, Sheer can show you how. When I was debating, one of the Sheer leadership with whom I spoke described this opportunity as "a gift." Man was he right, its the gift of life for me! Staff, staff, staff! These people know addiction and care so much. They will help you achieve things you thought impossible. My family lives across the country, so I wasn't able to see them face-to-face during recovery. I knew that going in, but you may want to consider how important that is to you, before you choose a treatment location.
Anthony
Sheer Recovery offers great treatment, this program offers exceptional care. The staff genuinely cares about each individual. I am not aware of any facility weakness.
S.R.
This is a great treatment center, the staff is kind and knowledgeable.