Serenity Point Recovery Center

15140 16th Ave., Marne, Michigan, 49435
Serenity Rehab provides a variety of treatment options such as SMART recovery, which takes a scientific and secular approach to treatment and incorporates behavioral techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. Serenity also offers counseling in communication, taking responsibility, overcoming “crooked” thinking, and life skills training.

• SMART Recovery
  • Spirituality
  • Groups

• Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
  • Detox

Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Private/Secluded

• Sarah Russell, LLMSW
    Sarah Russell, LLMSWCounselor
    Sarah Russell has a Masters of Social Work degree from Grand Valley State University, as well as a Masters of Public Administration. Her populations of interest include adults of any age suffering from the consequences of addiction and those who are seeking active recovery. Sarah has 5+ years of experience working with individuals, families, and groups in the greater West Michigan area in the fields of both mental health and substance abuse. She is passionate in incorporating a holistic approach while utilizing classic clinical methods.
  • Tammy Zylstra, MA, NCC, LPC
    Tammy Zylstra, MA, NCC, LPCClinical Director/Senior Director of Production
    Tammy Zystra has a Masters in Clinical Counseling and she is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Michigan. Tammy has 10 years of experience in multiple modalities of therapy with a diverse population. She has worked with families, children, and adolescence. Tammy has experience in crisis intervention, co-occurring disorders, substance abuse, addictions, post-traumatic stress, and behavioral intervention. She been trained in multiple training and educational techniques, such as Moral Recognition Therapy, SMART Recovery, AA/NA, and behavioral modification. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” –Alice Walker

Financial Details

• Financing available for all or a portion of treatment.

Joe O
I was so happy to hear this place is currently closed. I was worried with the Covid that a place like this would be a breeding ground for young people to get sick. They would be totally ill-equipped, and frankly the ownership there wouldn’t care enough to handle anything like this. There are very good people that work there I will say. But the business model they have is clearly predatory To people at their most vulnerable.
Isaac
Serenity Point Recovery has challenged me to dig into feelings and memories that I've suppressed since childhood. I've been to other treatment facilities and always held back some of my truth and got a half recovery from it. Upon arrival to SPR I was lost in my head and definitely lost in direction of life. I felt like I had no purpose here on earth anymore. But SPR's non stop relentless staff kept my spirits up and hopeful. HMMM. That's the same hope that I thought in lost forever. Now with just a little hope and a lot of willingness and honesty I would embark on a total mind, body, and spiritual change. SPR'S staff and clients would be like little angles to break this once hardened heart. Putting the drug\alcohol away was easier that expected. It was living with the person I've been running from. I have found some new and old coping skills to use on my road to recovery. One major thing is that I now know that I don't need a pill to make me feel like this or like that. I just need good old fashion work and tears and a lot of honesty. SPR has definitely given me new ways to look at life and new options before resorting back to drugs and alcohol. Upon discharge I will rejoin my immediate family and start attending AA\NA meetings with my sponsor. I will also have an accountability circle of sober friends. I owe this opportunity to GOD and my wonderful Wife. THANKS SPR
Jeremy
Serenity Point has given me the tools to retake my life back! Their holistic approach to recovery has truly been a spiritual experience. The classes offered range from Science of Addiction to Native 12 step and everything in between. For me this was crucial as I needed to have several strategies in order to combat the circumstances that lead me to the debilitating state of mind I was formerly in. To the Counselors and Staff as well as my fellow Clients, Thank you for all that you have done for my family!!!
VBB
Today I am 30 days sober, this is my 2nd time here at SPR I decided to come back here because this is my 2nd family people & the staff here are so amazing they help by listing to my stories no one judged me or made me feel uncomfortable. I feel like I belong here with my family I've learned a lot of coping skills, I learned to become more mindful with myself and how I look at things. I learned how to control my anxiety for my recovery, I learned what relapse prevention really means & and to apply it in my life so I do not relapse again. I now have confidence in myself again. It was my birthday on the 18th of march this year and I was able to have one of the best birthdays I've ever had and I did not need to be drunk to have a wonderful day. I will also be able to remember this forever. what I will have to work on out of SPR will be staying motivate so I don't get bored being flexible not setting my expectations to high and not to low to find my balance it is necessary for me to change I don't want to lie to myself anymore I thank God everyday because I know he is leading me in the right place. Thank you SPR for not giving up on me and helping me become me again .
Chadwick
Serenity taught me that recovery isn't just about getting off the drugs, but finding the underlying reason for your use and working through it.