Saint Simons By-The-Sea

2927 Demere Road, St. Simons, Georgia, 31522
Saint Simons By-The-Sea provides mental health and substance abuse treatment to adults and adolescents in a luxurious, tranquil setting. The facility treats addiction as a potentially life-threatening but treatable medical illness that often has roots in mental disorders. Treatment includes exploration of how psychological disorders contributed to clients' chemical dependency, and the island setting ensures privacy and anonymity, enabling residents to concentrate completely on their treatment.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
  • Wellness Education
  • Recreational Activities

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• 12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Private/Secluded

• Robert Bryan, M.D.
    Robert Bryan, M.D.Doctor
    Specialties: Addiction medicine Medical degree: University of Mississippi School of Medicine Internship: Lloyd Nolan Hospital, Fairfield, Ala. Certification: American Board of Addiction Medicine, Medical Review Officer Certification Council
  • Miquel Martelli, M.D.
    Miquel Martelli, M.D.Doctor
    Specialties: Psychiatry Medical degree: Universidad Central del Este Internship: St. Vincent’s Medical Center of Richmond Residency: St. Vincent’s Medical Center of Richmond Certification: Board eligible

Jackie Belcher
Mom was there for months , staff actually d/c in a matter of hours mom insisting that my siblings come pick her up, she was basically drop at my sister front door with no type of discharge plans other than taking her back to this facility which is about a 4 hour drive for a f/u , no prescriptions give so therefore she’s back to in appropriate behavior . Calling the facility today !!!
Susan
I have 2 1/2 years sober and got my start at SSBTS. They were tough on me but it was what I needed. Thank you!!
Allie
I stayed in the adolescence unit and my depression got worse due to "suck it up” attitude of the therapist.
Christopher D
This place is heaven sent they took me in when I had a serious Alcohol problem and in bad shape. I could not even do the paper work I was shaking so bad. There is some good people who work at this place, I wish I knew the nurse that real took good care of me. She told me she never lets her patients suffer. I wish I could thank her in person one day.I stayed here a week and then went to Willing Way for longer treatment but SSI is where I changed my thinking and I give them the most credit for getting me sober. They did more for me in a week than Willing way did for me in a month. But I am 9 months sober thanks to the great people who runs this place.
MDunn
    This was the biggest joke for treatment I have ever seen in my life. Sasha and yoga were the only valuable remnants of therapy. The kitchen staff was not even nice without a doctor’s order. It took five days to get that. Otherwise, eating faster than the speed of light was necessary. Tepid is not a good description of the staff. Lawyers have been called. Go to Ridgeview in Atlanta, if you have a choice.