Rockland Treatment Center
5319 Grand Blvd, New Port Richey, Florida, 34652
We address mental disorders as being as significant as physical disorders. Co-occurring disorders can be treated effectively using high impact programs including evidence based treatment, weekly individual sessions, AA and NA meetings, weekly outings, yoga and art therapy. People dealing with addiction will find help and salvation at Rockland Treatment Center. All they need to do is concentrate on effective recovery, which is easy when individualized plans are applied in perfect conditions—participation in various therapies, friendly ambience and an experienced competent staff ensuring the successful process of getting better. Our beautiful community housing locations are the perfect place to relax and work on achieving success. All housing is facing a serene lake where you can sit and meditate, fish or just breathe. Our licensed therapists and mentors are skilled with treating; Trauma, co-occurring disorders and primarily substance abuse issues.
- At Rockland Treatment Center, we address mental disorders as significant as physical disorders. Co-occurring disorders can be treated effectively using high impact programs
- Coping/Grounding Skills Development Groups
- Cognitive-Behavioral Groups
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Joe Papa, CADC-IICertified Alcohol Drug Abuse CounselorJoe specializes in treating clients suffering from substance disorders, trauma, and co-occurring disorders. He has a Masters in Clinical Social Work from UNH, and is a Certified Alcohol Drug Abuse Counselor-II (CADCII). Joe uses a client-centered approach to help clients identify and capitalize on their strengths to make realistic, meaningful, and lasting changes in recovery. Through his use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Solution Focused Therapy, he empowers clients to develop well-focused and achievable recovery goals. He has been working as a therapist for over 20 years in private/community settings, psychiatric hospitals, and private practice. Joe has 20 years of 12-step recovery, and still practices his program on a daily basis. His extensive knowledge and experience of clinical treatment along with his personal recovery brings a multi layered and individualized approach to treatment for our clients.
- Hope Shaw, LMHCCounselorHope obtained her education at the University of South Florida, receiving her Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling with a focus on family therapy and systems approaches. She has worked over 6 years in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment; working with all ages, variety of diagnoses and treatment settings including residential and outpatient settings in Hillsborough County, Florida. Hope specializes in treatment of trauma and its connection to substance use and abuse.
- financing available