Ridgeview Hospital

17872 Lincoln Highway, Middle Point, Ohio, 45863
At Ridgeview, we believe that recovery can be, and is, achieved when an individual with the co-occurring disorders of mental illness and addiction (dual diagnosis) learns to manage both illnesses, so that they may pursue meaningful life goals. Recovery is a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and strive to reach their full potential.

• Addiction Education
  • Exercise Therapy
  • Activity Therapy

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• 12-Step Program

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Hospital

Martin
One good yoga instructor for hour hour per week. Really bad food. Extremely noisey acoustics. Over-policing. Not at all holistic. They provide up to 20 cigs per day if you don't have your own. The only reason to go outside except for an hour day of recreation is to smoke on a patio w/ 20 others. Administration of policies and care is choatic, shoddy, and very spotty. Very little actual one-on-one w/ therapists. Most "groups" were more like lectures. I WAS SO UPSET W/ MY EXPERIENCE THERE I TALKED W/ AN ATTORNEY THAT SPECIALIZES IN NEGLIGENCE. THE LIST IS TOO LONG FOR HERE. For instance they took my hearing aid, case for eye glasses, and a small plastic fits-inside-nose device prescribed for sleep apnea. Non were recorded in the inventory. I asked for the nose thing repeatedly and was told it was nowhere so I must have actually forgot it. It those things were the last things returned to me when I was waiting in the van to leave. I asked specifically for help on my vitamins (of which I know very much) and they knew little. I did not get the very basic B1 until late in my stay. And that was after waitung about 2 days for a Dr. to approve my request. On what evidence? I broke a tooth while there. I asked for dental wax to cover the sharp edge. They didn't know what dental wax was. I was told that staff would look at my tooth "tomorrow" -- never happened.
Andrea
I'm living a clean life now, my addiction is being controlled by the meds they offered and also did some counseling aimed at my dual diagnosis (bipolar). I had a very nice experience there. Was in for 28 days and took in as much info as I could too help in recovery. Very nice counselors & staff, didn't take long to fit in.