Restore Detox Centers
14099 Sky Mountain Trail, Poway, California, 92064
Restore Detox Centers is committed to the unique and individual needs of every guest as a critical partner in your first stop on the road to to recovery. It is our intention to nurture and guide you back to physical and mental health on your journey and empower you with a restored sense of self and renewed purpose. You will come to know the gift of freedom from drugs and alcohol and experience joy once again in your life. Restore Detox Centers offers a safe and comfortable environment that is full of love and support, absent of judgement, guilt and shame. Our home is equipped with the latest technology in the industry, best people in the business and a level of luxury not found in other detox facilities. We encourage you to make yourself at home, enjoy the serenity of this special place and welcome you to your new beginning.
- Secluded 4 acre estate with valley and ocean views
- Luxury accommodations with infinity pool and hot tub
- Private chef prepared nutritional meals
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Individualized TreatmentSome facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Megan Lewis, COOClinical PsychologistDr. Megan Lewis, Clinical Psychologist, is delighted to represent Restore Detox Centers, LLC as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Clinical Director for the facility. Dr. Lewis brings to RDC a breadth of knowledge and over 17 years of experience in the field of clinical psychology. Dr. Lewis received her Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). She then continued her graduate work in San Diego and received her Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology and her Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology. In addition to her fourteen years of experience in private practice, she has worked as an Adjunct Professor, a consulting psychologist at an inpatient psychiatric hospital, a federal contractor for the Department of Homeland Security, and a clinical director at an outpatient substance abuse program. She has also consulted at numerous residential treatment facilities for substance abuse. In her private practice in Carlsbad Village, she specializes in mood and anxiety disorders, eating disorders, substance abuse and dual diagnosis. California License # PSY 18875
- Clark Smith, M.D., DFAPAMedical DirectorAfter medical school at the University of Arizona, Dr. Smith completed an Internal Medicine internship and worked as an emergency medicine physician and medical director for several methadone clinics, while completing specialty training in Psychiatry at UC San Diego. He was Chief Resident at UCSD Medical Center, Chief of Staff at Mesa Vista Hospital, and then founding Medical Director of the Sharp McDonald Center/Vista Pacifica Chemical Dependency Recovery Hospital, from 1989 to 2012. He has board certification in Addiction and Forensic Psychiatry, and also in Pain Medicine. He was the past president of the San Diego Psychiatric Society, the San Diego Psych-Law Society, and is now on the California Psychiatric Association Judicial Action Committee. Dr. Smith is a recognized expert in Addiction Psychiatry and the evaluation and treatment of physicians, nurses, law enforcement officers and attorneys. He has worked extensively with the courts, professional licensing boards and the media to provide accurate information regarding chemical dependency and psychiatric diagnosis, treatment, and recovery while dispelling damaging and stigmatizing stereotypes. He has a clinical psychiatric practice in San Diego and is Medical Director of both RecoveryWorks outpatient recovery program in Mira Mesa/ Scripps Ranch, and the Restore Detox Centers in Poway, California.