Residence XII

12029 113th Ave NE, Kirkland, Washington, 98034
Residence XII, a gender-specific residential treatment facility, provides substance abuse treatment for adult women. Individualized treatment options are 12-step based, and include inpatient and outpatient programs. Additional services include dual diagnosis, addiction education, life skills, individual and group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, continuing care and family programs.

• Specialty Programs

• Out Patient

Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.
  • Intensive Out Patient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Wilderness

• Margaret Jones, CDP
    Margaret Jones, CDPCEO
    Margaret has been a vital part of Residence XII since it opened in 1981, doubling as an Administrator and Clinician. She became the Executive Director in 1990, and was instrumental in the capital campaign and oversight of the construction of the current facility built in 2000. Margaret has been recognized many times for her dedication to helping women. She has served on many non-profit boards, including President of Soroptimist International and of the Association of Addiction Programs.
  • Lori Fregin
    Lori FreginDirector of Administration
    Lori has over 24 years of experience in administrative management of non-profits in the fields of health care and international strategic development. She has extensive experience in the development of policies & procedures, financial systems, human resources development, facility operations and donor management. Prior to joining Residence XII in 2003, Lori worked in financial and management roles at Interdev, Providence Foundation, Providence Hospital, Ballard Convalescent Center, as well as consulting with other non-profits.

KMP
After learning that my insurance would not pay for treatment after 9 days (I found out on a Thursday afternoon), I was told by my counselor not to worry, that she would "help" me before I had to leave on Monday. I did not know where I would be living, whether I would be able to start IOP somewhere, when I would be able to return to work, etc. I was allowed to make some phone calls from the Residence Manager's office and to use the computer there for a couple of hours on Thursday evening (thanks to the Res. Mgr on duty !). However, I was not able to use a computer after that evening. I advocated for my sobriety thereafter (e.g., that I did not want to have to return to my home alone when I knew there was alcohol/wine in my home), and I was told to attend classes and group instead of applying for sober housing near where I work.
Kim
I was placed immediately into an outpatient program
An overall great facility
All women was a strength of the facility. I learned a great deal about myself and issues which I felt had no solution to other than drugs.
Justine
It was a women only facility. It was clean, comfortable and they give you good healthy food. However, they only had 12-step and it was not that open minded to anything else.