Renew Wellness & Recovery
9500 South 500 West Suite #213, Sandy, Utah, 84070
We are a women’s only residential treatment center that was designed to be a home away from home for women working through their addictions. We take a holistic approach to treatment and believe that in order for women to begin the process of recovery they must first restore balance to their lives, and heal from the various traumas that they have experienced. Our program provides a safe and intimate atmosphere where women can come and begin the process of healing from their addictions and stabilizing their mental health. Our treatment is comprised of individual, family, and group therapy and we utilize several evidenced based therapy models including experiential therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, 12 step, and seeking safety.
- Complex individualized therapeutic schedule.
- Two targeted individual therapy sessions each week.
- Ongoing family therapy and specific family program.
Holistic ApproachWomen at Renew participate in a variety of holistic treatment modalities that range from art therapy to yoga to trauma informed care. Our holistic model relies on the idea that diet, nutrition, spirituality, hormones, genetics, and positive support systems must all be in balance in order to best support recovery. Renew not only treats addiction, but also aids clients in finding balance within their lives through this approach.
Dual DiagnosisRenew is licensed to provide substance abuse and mental health treatment. Clients receive therapeutic services including individual, family, and group therapy, and medication management. Our team recognizes that there are generally mental health, trauma and/or relationship issues that underlie addiction, and we help women heal in all of these areas.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Terry L. SellersMedical DirectorDr. Sellers grew up in Clearwater, Florida. He received his medical degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine and completed an OB/GYN residency at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Dr. Sellers practiced Obstetrics and Gynecology in Provo, UT for 12 years, delivering over 6,000 babies. Years of migraine headaches sparked his addiction to pain medications. He spent many years suffering with a desire to stop using opiates and the inability to do so. He ultimately decided to get help using substance abuse treatment and gave up his lifestyle of being a solo obstetrician. He now has 10 years of recovery from drug addiction and is rigorously active in the recovery community. Living a recovery lifestyle for the past decade has created a new perspective on life and what is important to him.
- Ashely DasianuClinical DirectorAshley received her Master’s degree from Utah State University and is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She specializes in working with a variety of mental health and behavioral disorders, and is passionate about working with women who have struggled with addictive behaviors. Ashley uses DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), which uses a mix of mindfulness and behavioral skills to master emotional regulation. She also uses CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), which is an evidenced based intervention to change our unhealthy thought processes. She is experienced working with individuals with substance use disorders, as well as mood disorders, ADHD, attachment, and marital/family relationship issues.