Penfield Christian Homes, Inc. — Heart Campus
1150 Bear Creek Road, Lavonia, Georgia, 30553
Penfield Christian Homes offers hope to women suffering from the disease of addiction. Our faith-based rehabilitation treatment facility believes that recovery is possible through spiritual renewal, and strives to help women reclaim their health, happiness, and inner peace. Treatment addresses the whole person, body, mind and spirit, by assisting clients to bring these areas into balance by cultivating a personal relationship with God that provides them with the ability to nurture relationships with family, friends, and others.
- Counselors are professionally competent and are certified as Addiction Counselors by state, national certification boards
- We are licensed by the State of Georgia as a Residential Intensive Drug Treatment Program.
- We have a therapeutic community that encourages Christian discipleship, the development of recovery attitudes, and personal accountability.
12-StepThe term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Donnie Plummer, CAC-IHeart Campus DirectorDonnie has been in the addiction and mental health field for the past 31 years. Since 2001, he has maintained certification as an Addiction Counselor. Donnie is trained in Anger Management, Behavior Modification, Child and Adolescent Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Critical Debriefing, Domestic Violence Counseling, Family Counseling, and Substance Abuse Counseling for both adults and adolescents. Donnie has experience in recreational therapy as well as mental health and has attended numerous training and workshops during his career. Donnie also serves on the GACA Board of Directors where he is serving Region 4 for his third term.