Pacific Sands Recovery Center
- Private Bedrooms
- Home Cooked Meals
- Large Backyard w/ Fire Pit
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) targets the thought patterns that shape actions as a result of stress, trauma, depression and anxiety. Though it is normal for thoughts to land on the potential negatives of a given situation, it is the feelings of distress and the detrimental thought patterns that are targeted by CBT. At Pacific Sands Recovery Center, we know that addiction and the negative thoughts that accompany substance use are hard cycles to break. Our treatment team is well-practiced in CBT as it has proven to be helpful for many clients looking to live sober and productive lives.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a type of a psychotherapy that is also known as talk therapy. DBT is used with clients who are more likely to react in intense and out-of-the-ordinary ways in response to emotional triggers. DBT is used for clients whose arousal levels in emotionally stressful situations increase rapidly and take longer than average to return to a normal state. At Pacific Sands Recovery Center, we know that there is no one-size fits all solution for recovery. DBT is one of the many therapies we include in a client’s treatment plan because it has proven to be effective for many clients with dual diagnosis and targets many of the symptoms of substance use.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) has been approved by the FDA to treat both opioid and alcohol use disorders. When administered correctly, MAT is a clinically proven treatment method, but it isn’t a cure-all. MAT helps clients best when combined with other treatment methods such as therapy and 12-Step Programs. Our care coordinators will work with you to define your individual needs and evaluate whether or not MAT is an appropriate treatment method in your case.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing EMDREye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy treatment that was originally designed to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories. After successful treatment with EMDR therapy, affective distress is relieved, negative beliefs are reformulated, and physiological arousal is reduced. During EMDR therapy the client attends to emotionally disturbing material in brief sequential doses while simultaneously focusing on an external stimulus. Therapist directed lateral eye movements are the most commonly used external stimulus but a variety of other stimuli including hand-tapping and audio stimulation are often used.
Individual TherapyIndividual therapy is a form of psychotherapy that includes a one-on-one session between a therapist and a client. The goal of these sessions is to help the client work through challenges and personal issues that they may not even realize they’re experiencing. Drug addiction impacts a person’s mental and physical health on the surface, but a range of underlying factors can affect someone’s quality of life. Statistics from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) show that mental health issues affect as many as 1 in 5 adults in the United States. Therapy can help teach people coping mechanisms for dealing with personal issues, emotional difficulties and mental illnesses that are otherwise hard to face alone. At Pacific Sands Recovery Center we offer individual therapy as part of our treatment plan because focused attention is highly effective in uncovering the experiences and patterns that contribute to your substance use.
Group TherapyAs the name suggests, group therapy is a form of psychotherapy conducted among a group of people. Group therapy helps reduce the feeling of loneliness that often comes with addiction. In contrast with individualized therapy, group therapy brings together five to 15 people with similar problems, like depression or addiction. Group therapy can help with understanding the nature of your problem and addressing your concerns. Group therapy offers greater diversity and more perspectives for the many steps of recovery. The members of a group therapy session support each other and may offer suggestions on how to deal with a particular problem based on their experiences. At our recovery center we place a strong emphasis on group therapy and group work. We have seen this approach be effective for many who struggle with substance use by offering structure and support without judgement.
- Beach Community
- Residential Neighborhood
Meet the Staff
- Shannon SanthonClinical Director - LMFTShannon is a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist who has been working in the field of Addiction and Mental Health for over 20 years providing Individual, Family, and Group Therapy. Some people like to call her an “Old Timer” as she got into this field because she loves seeing people find themselves again and helping them through the good and bad times in life in their early recovery. She continues to feel inspired by the staff and clients all working towards sobriety in harmony.
- Leah CuppelsCase Manager - CADACLeah always knew her calling was to help people but she didn't know in what capacity until she found recovery herself over 8 years ago. She has been working in the field for 7 years. She currently has a CADC I but she is in the process of receiving her CADC II. When she isn't at work she loves traveling the world, playing with animals and drinking iced lattes.
- Natalie HallDetox Supervisor - RADTNatalie chose to work in this field to give back the hope that was given to her in the beginning of her own journey. She has been clean and sober for over 8 years, She has been working in this field for 7 years. Being able to see the light come on in a client's eyes and watch them grow, is one of her favorite parts of the job. When she is not at work she likes to spend her free time watching movies and documentaries.
- Noe Castaneda - LVNLicensed Vocational NurseWorking at Pacific Sands Recovery Center has been an amazing experience, the owners are very involved with the clients and very understanding of everyone's situations. Working in addiction treatment has had its challenges but Noe loves seeing clients change their mindset and overall appearance after the program. It's very rewarding knowing that I helped them change their lives around. When I'm not working I like to spend time with my two boys and create amazing memories with them.
- Private Insurance
- Cash Pay