New Method Wellness

31473 Rancho Viejo Road Suite 101, San Juan Capistrano, California, 92675
Situated along the Southern California coast in San Juan Capistrano, New Method Wellness believes that addiction is a symptom of various underlying causes and co-occurring disorders. New Method Wellness tailors its treatment to each individual – and each disorder causing the addiction. New Method Wellness employs a holistic approach, utilizing both traditional and alternative methodologies that combine the latest therapeutic advances with physical and spiritual methods including yoga, massage and acupuncture therapy, nutritional counseling and exercise programs. believes that addiction is a symptom of various underlying causes and co-occurring disorders. New Method Wellness tailors its treatment to each individual – and each disorder causing the addiction. New Method Wellness employs a holistic approach, utilizing both traditional and alternative methodologies that combine the latest therapeutic advances with physical and spiritual methods including yoga, massage and acupuncture therapy, nutritional counseling and exercise programs.

• Dietary Science Coach
  • Surf Therapy
  • Joint Commission Accredited

• Creative Arts Therapy

Writing, making art or engaging in theater can be deeply therapeutic for people working to recover from addiction. Many facilities offer one or several forms of creative arts therapy as a way to help patients learn to express their feelings in productive ways.
  • 12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Beach Community

• Ed Blum, CADCA-I
    Ed Blum, CADCA-IChief Executive Officer, Owner
    Ed is an Owner/Founder as well as the Chief Executive Officer at New Method Wellness bringing a supportive but no-nonsense approach to the center. He is passionate about recovery service and has been a crucial leader in the development of New Method Wellness, helping to bring to the forefront the center’s strengths. Ed is a hands-on leader, often interacting with clients during the course of treatment, taking personal satisfaction in hearing about their progress. This helps clients to feel that they have a personal ally at the highest level of the organization. Ed cites the consistency and spiritual values of the company as its strengths, and he sees his contribution as rearticulating these fundamentals. Ed has a 30 year background as a successful business executive and he served in the military for 15 years. He enjoys cooking for crowds and loves to play golf.
  • DeAnna M. Jordan, MFTI, LAADC
    DeAnna M. Jordan, MFTI, LAADCClinical Director, Owner
    DeAnna Jordan serves as the clinical director at New Method Wellness where she supervises a team of caring, well-trained clinicians who provide continued support throughout a client’s stay at New Method Wellness. Jordan has over 20 years of experience working with clients in recovery and is a marriage and family therapist (MFT), specializing in the maintenance of healthy relationships. As a result of her expertise, Jordan has been featured on “Dr. Phil,” “Jane Valdez-Mitchell,” National Geographic’s “Taboo,” and has been published in Elle Magazine as well as The Huffington Post. After receiving her bachelor’s degree from University of California in Irvine, Jordan did post-graduate work at Centaur University where she graduated in the top of her class with a CAADAC certification in Centaur’s chemical dependency program. Following her time at Centaur, Jordan received her masters in counseling psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute and is a current PsyD candidate, studying depth psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute. As a recovering addict, Jordan brings a breadth of personal recovery experience to her clinical leadership and believes a comfortable, structured and supportive environment is an essential part of maintaining long term sobriety. In addition to her passion for recovery, Jordan is extremely involved in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). As a current Woman of the Year candidate, Jordan is campaigning to raise funds for LLS blood cancer research in honor of local children who are blood cancer survivors.

Financial Details

• Financing Available

klc
    If you are looking at this review I know you our your loved one is in crisis. My family has been dealing with an addiction for the last 5 years of our loved one. Trying to navigate the rehabilitation facilities and detox centers blindly is a nightmare. My person had been to 4 rehab centers and we finally see light at the end of the tunnel. One of their directors took us out of crisis mode and actually directed my family as to what we needed to do. We are hopeful for a full recovery for the first time in a very long time. We know that we are still at the beginning the process once again but this man was able to guide us, give great advice, was very aware of our financial situation and did not want us to spend money that was not necessary. If you do nothing else, contact this facility and they will guide you on your journey. God bless all of you and this man.
    Collin
    This facility did an outstanding job with my fiance. She suffered from previous trauma and alcoholism. The facility took her success personal. She learned a lot of tools to help her to work through her sufferings and uses them daily. When she came home she was not even a shy person anymore. Her confidence was restored, her patience with others increased ten fold, and she has a new understanding of her disease. You get out of the program what you put in it seems and her success is attributed to REALLY working hard at what she wanted.
    CW
    My 24 year old son was spiraling downhill and we needed help. New Method Wellness was exactly what he needed. From our initial contact with NMW, we could tell they knew what they were doing. They understood his dual diagnosis as well as what we as a family were going through. His two therapist were amazing and helped him process a lot of difficult things. Even after he left outpatient, NMW was still there to make sure he was on the right track. New Method Wellness clearly cares about their clients. I would recommend them 100%.
    Alex
    The owners truly care about the clients. When I arrived at New Method, the staff and clients embraced me and made me feel more welcome than I ever have felt before at other treatment centers. Effective treatment, most of the staff are in recovery themselves and this makes it easier to build trust. I miss New Method so much that I’m finishing a degree so that I can go back and work for them. I recommend New Method over Hazelden any day.
    J
      Do not go here if you have any diagnosis of bipolar. Their doctor put me on lithium. I personally was never on this medicine and once I was on this drug could not communicate to my counselor or my loved ones that I couldn't speak or communicate that I couldn't function.