New Dawn Residential Treatment Center

6039 Roloff Way, Orangevale, California, 95662
The New Dawn Treatment Center in Sacramento County offers a residential substance abuse program for men. The rehab provides each client with an individualized treatment plan and utilizes clinically based counseling techniques including cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, and mindfulness practices. New Dawn also introduces clients to the 12-Step philosophy of AA, as well as alternative support group options like Smart Recovery and LifeRing. The goal of treatment is simple — to help each person break free from the physical and psychological pain of addiction and live a happy, fulfilling and sober life.

• Chef Prepared Meals
  • Health Club Access
  • Yoga

• Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

• Residential Neighborhood

• Paul Boice, MFTi
    Paul Boice, MFTiPrimary Therapist
    Paul Boice earned both his bachelor’s degree in Psychology and his master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from California State University, Fresno. His master’s project focused on a review of the literature regarding the efficacy of reparative therapy in working with LGBTQ clients. Paul’s training to be a therapist emphasized a client-centered clinical approach in working with individuals, couples, and families. As part of his graduate studies, he completed 18 months of addiction training at an inpatient chemical dependency program for women and their children and was trained in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic, and Solution-Focused Therapy. His addiction training consisted of individual and group therapy and facilitation of weekly psycho-educational groups covering substance abuse and relapse prevention. Paul has completed six months of training at California Association of Addiction Recovery Resources (CAARR) and is working toward becoming a Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS). Paul’s areas of clinical experience include assessment and individual and group therapy for those struggling with alcoholism, drug addiction, and sex addiction. He has also received formal training in the area of sexual trauma and addiction recovery.
  • Carolyn Bahoh, PsyD.
    Carolyn Bahoh, PsyD.Clinical Director, Chemical Dependency Services
    Dr. Bahoh’s experience encompasses providing brief and long-term individual, couples, family, and group psychotherapy to culturally diverse adolescents and adults. Her work has included utilizing evidenced based interventions and best practice guidelines in addressing the needs of individuals with mild to severe mental illness and co-occurring disorders. As the Clinical Director of Turning Point Community Programs Regional Support Team in Sacramento, CA, Dr. Bahoh provided an array of treatment to consumers as well as clinical supervision, management, and assisted in developing and streamlining clinical services. Additionally, Dr. Bahoh has extensive experience with crisis intervention, consultation, and debriefing, and has helped create and facilitate a multitude of presentations and trainings.

Financial Details

• Financing Available

Paulene
This place saved my life. I am forever greatful.
Dave
    I started work at New Dawn in Orangevale a little over 4 years ago and will be moving to the Carson Valley in Nevada on 2-26-18. I will continue my employment with New Dawn in Nevada. I feel I'm a perfect person to shed light on the truth about New Dawn residential and detox treatment in Orangevale. I in no way was asked to write this review. I simply want to share what I've observed behind closed doors for over 4 years. First, let me say about 90-95% of ALL the clients in residential like the treatment program at New Dawn. This is a very telling fact when you consider the volatility of our clients who are struggling with chemical dependence and the problems associated with their illness. Secondly, the director has instituted a client/person centered treatment environment which means ALL clients are treated respectfully by ALL staff and New Dawn strives to meet the needs of ALL their clients. This philosophy at New Dawn in Orangevale sets the stage for ALL the clients to feel respected, cared for, supported, and to feel optimistic about the future. I'm not suggesting New Dawn is perfect but I will say they strive to improve and get better on a daily basis and their results do show. Under the current leadership at New Dawn, and the philosophy that governs all they do, you as a prospective client should seriously consider New Dawn in Orangevale for your treatment needs. This is a good company under strong leadership. New Dawn has also recently revamped their entire detox experience and hired a counselor who is one of the best in the business. In conclusion, if you knew me you would know I tell it like it is. My motivation to write this is simple. I care about you out there in internet land seeking help for a very serious illness. I want only the very best for you. New Dawn has been at their current location for over 30 years. This fact is a testament of New Dawn's commitment to help others. All I'm suggesting is you carefully consider New Dawn by asking lots of questions before you make a final decision. Wishing you the best in your decision to get help.
    clh
    Disappointed in the staff's lack of communication with the parents of son that went here. Very nice on the front end but then they hide behind the HIPPA rules. We have no idea of where our son is now and we know that his bank account has been closed. When we dropped him off he signed the papers so the doctors and staff could discuss things with us. They had no compunction of calling to get money. We filed a missing persons report with the police. They have approached New Dawn they, refused to give any information out. He was good about calling us once every week or so. We have not heard from him in over a month. We are on the east coast, so we are not very happy. ps. I asked the people to send me a copy of the last bill that they put on my amex card three weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Situation now as of September 25 2017 remains the same. Can't believe these people are that obtuse about what my son may be going through and his mother is extremely distraught. BTW I still haven't received the bill that has been paid for approaching three months that I have repeatedly requested. So now as Americans the hippa law blocks husbands wives and children from being able to help their loved ones.
    Ekaterina
    Very nice facility. Individual approach so you get exactly what you need. Professional and caring staff, delicious meals.
    Ross S
    Outstanding amenities from chef prepared meals to equine therapy to yoga to daily health club visits. And excellent counselors. I would recommend this program for anyone serious about getting into recovery.