1900 Corporate Square Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida, 32216
Treatment at Lakeview Health is not just focused on the addiction but is designed to go deeper. We use a whole person approach to treatment. By identifying and addressing underlying issues, like anxiety, depression, and chronic pain, we go beyond the surface to comprehensively treat the root of addiction. Our medical and psychiatric experts help individuals learn ways to work through these issues during their stay to manage the source of the problem. Another key aspect of the Lakeview Health philosophy is our gender-responsive approach. Addiction is a very different experience for men and women—from its roots to behaviors and contributing factors. That’s why our treatment is designed to meet men and women’s unique needs.
- Full time on-site medical staff
- Treating co-occuring disorders like anxiety, depression, trauma, mood and bipolar
- Board certified physicians
Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Lantie Jorandby, M.D.M.D./Corporate Chief Medical OfficerLantie Jorandby, M.D. is the Chief Medical Officer of Lakeview Health, a dual diagnosis and addiction treatment center whose in-patient facility is located in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Jorandby graduated with honors from Vanderbilt University with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience. She attended medical school and completed her residency at the University of Florida. For seven years, Dr. Jorandby worked as a staff psychiatrist and mental health supervisor at the Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic in Viera, Florida. After completing her Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship at Yale University, Dr. Jorandby became Medical Director for the dual diagnosis unit at McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts, which is ranked the top psychiatric hospital in the United States. She also served as faculty at Harvard Medical School in the Department of Psychiatry. She is one of less than 200 physicians in the United States who is dual board certified in addiction medicine, and psychiatry and neurology.
- Ellen OvsonM.D./Medical DirectorDr. Ellen Ovson, M.D., FASAM joined Lakeview Health in 2017. She has more than 18 years of experience in addiction medicine and is board certified in internal medicine and certified in addiction medicine by the American Society of Addiction Medicine and the American Board of Addiction Medicine. As Lakeview Health’s medical director, she leads the entire medical team and serves at the authority on all medical issues. Dr. Ovson earned her undergraduate degree at Emory University and graduated from medical school at the University of Alabama. She did her internship at Charlotte Memorial Hospital in North Carolina and her residency at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham, AL. She is a member of numerous professional organizations including the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Addiction Medicine and the American Society of Addiction Medicine, where she held several leadership positions.
- 30,000/ Month