125 South Main Cross Street, Louisa, Kentucky, 41230
Karen’s Place is a residential treatment center for women suffering from substance abuse located on 30 tranquil acres of wooded area overlooking Yatesville Lake in Lawrence County, Kentucky (10 minutes from US 23 & 30 minutes from Interstate 64). Our program integrates the best practices of clinical drug treatment with a time-tested faith-based recovery model.
- Our Staff Members are Committed Christians
- State-licensed Alcohol & Other Drug Education (AODE) Residential Program
- Karen's Place is located on 30 tranquil acres of wooded area overlooking scenic Yatesville Lake in Lawrence County, Kentucky
Core Substance Abuse Treatment ProgramInvolves 12 Individual Counseling Sessions Psychosocial, Assessment and Initial Treatment Plan, Master Treatment Plan, Personality Test Review (TJTA), Spiritual Inventory and Skill Building Plan, Treatment Plan Review, Topical Counseling 1, Topical Counseling 2, Treatment Plan Review, Career/Skills Assessment Review, Risk Factors Therapy, Relapse Prevention, Aftercare and Discharge.
Strong Spirituality ProgramA two-year study by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University found that: Spirituality was the top indicator of long-term recovery. Adults and teens who consider religion to be very important, and who attend religious services weekly or more often, are far less likely to smoke, drink, or use elicit drugs. Individuals who attend spiritually based support programs, such as the 12-Step programs of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, are more likely to maintain sobriety. Individuals in successful recovery often show greater levels of faith and spirituality than those who relapse.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Lon LaffertyMedical DirectorDr. Lon Lafferty serves as Karen's Place's Medical Director. He is a graduate of Transylvania University and the University of Louisville Medical School. He is a General Practice physician in Inez, Kentucky who operates a Rural Health Clinic. Dr. Lafferty has been approved by the Federal Government agency SAMSHA as a medically assisted treatment provider.
- Sara DanielsIntake DirectorKaren's Place Graduate 6/11 - Sober since 2/11 Sara Daniels serves as Intake Director.