Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

950 6th Ave. N, Naples, Florida, 34102
Hazelden helps restore hope, healing, and health to people affected by addiction to alcohol and other drugs. All who seek recovery will find it, and the stigma of addiction will be overcome. Treat the whole person as well as the illness. Treat every person with dignity and respect. Continue a commitment to the Twelve Step fellowship. Be of service. Remain open to innovation.

• Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Specialized Residential & Outpatient Programs for Adults 50+ Years of Age

• Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment

Hazelden's addiction treatment programs are based on years of research and study. Our philosophy is to treat each person who comes to us with respect and dignity while providing a safe place in which to heal. Hazelden in Naples, Florida offers a unique alcohol and drug treatment atmosphere. Our treatment options, community integrated services, and comfortable living environment provide a truly individualized treatment solution based on the client's needs.
  • Detox Services

If detoxification services are needed, several off-site options are available. Hazelden will coordinate the patient's care and arrange for a safe transfer to our facility in Naples.

• Private/Secluded

• Heather Burton
    Heather Burtonclinical director
    In 2005 Heather decided to leave the technology sector and pursue a career that would enable her to help others. She completed her Master's Degree from the Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies in 2006 and immediately began clinical work for Hazelden in Center City, Minnesota. She worked as a clinician Hazelden's Women's Recovery Center at Center City for two years. Because of her strong business background, she was selected to help open the new Hazelden facility in Naples, Florida in 2010.
  • John James
    John Jamesprogram supervisor
    John C. James serves as the Chemical Dependency Program Supervisor for Hazelden in Naples, Florida. Before moving to Naples in January 2011, John was the Clinical Supervisor for one of Hazelden's five men's residential units in Center City, MN. John was intimately involved in the conception and start up of Hazelden's new facility in Naples which opened in April 2010. He was instrumental in the design of providing truly individualized treatment based on the unique needs of each patient. After receiving his Master's Degree from Hazelden's Graduate School of Addiction Studies in 2005, John was a residential counselor at both Hazelden's halfway house in St. Paul and another men's residential unit in Center City.

Financial Details

• Financing Available

Tom
This is not a rehab facility. It is a vacation that includes deep breathing exercises and therapy. It is where the wealthy alcoholics and addicts go for \'treatment\'. The \'patients\' go on field trips to the beach and the movies. My children went to the movies with a friend and bumped into my exhusband and his treatment buddies at the movie theater!!! Imagine trying to explain why Daddy went to rehab for alcohol and he can\'t come home, but he can go to the movies...!? There is zero chance of recovery. It is a complete waste of money - but the intake office will sell you a good story about how great the Hazelden program is. Ask them what their recovery rate is....because they won\'t answer.
Clay
They are a joke . I have been in recovery for over 30 years and sent my nephew there. All they care about is the money. We you try to call you get the Minnesota office and they are very rude. My nephew is in hospital down at Naples, Florida and they keep giving him the run around. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Good family support griups. Recovery oriented.
Official Facility Response:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us.

Lisa
    I was completely mis-led by Hazelden's head office having been told I would be covered by my insurance for an in-patient stay for 28 days. This resonated with me as I knew my company provided excellent 'behavioral health' coverage. Upon arriving, freshly from Detox, I was advised that actually insurance only approves days appx. 5-7 days at a time. While I was frustrated by this, I knew I needed whatever days I could get and I was assured it is most likely I would get covered after my first counselor review was submitted. I never was appointed a counselor. On the 3rd late afternoon/early evening I was advised that my insurance company was not willing to cover any in-patient, only out patient and at that only 2 days!!! I had no choice but to pack up and leave on day 4. This was extremely upsetting as I was still very vulnerable. No support or suggestions were offered. I was handed my bag of medications and sent on my merry way. By the grace of God I did not go to the liquor store but instead went to an AA meeting and have remained sober in the 10 days since. This facility has the patients do more peer support than leadership support. It is indeed the Taj Mahal of treatment centers, but that does not lend itself to improvement of the odds for remaining sober as the sheer results reflect. I am saddened to sad that Hazelden is far from worth the $30,000 it cost to spend the full period there. If you really want a program of recovery, go to David Lawrence Center if you need to be in Naples....
    Rachal
    My father was admitted here (Naples, FL) for 30 days after a one week required detox at another facility in the area at Hazeldons recommendation. My father was discharged at 30 days with significant miscommunication regarding the day and placed in their extended stay facility without any accountability or supervision. He was encouraged to \"go home and use his tools, because there was nothing left they could teach him and he already knew everything.\" My father was unable to exit the plane home due to his alcohol consumption. He has not stopped drinking since....I was never contacted by the counselor as his only child who is actively involved in his life. I am extremely disappointed in this facility. It is more of a day camp with lodging and not appropriate for any alcoholic who needs time to break patterns or knowledgeable professionals to work through psychological or psychiatric concerns.