Extra Mile Recovery for Men
720 Oak Grove Rd. #5, Mantachie, Mississippi, 38855
The Extra Mile is a place of new beginnings for those suffering from the disease of alcoholism and addiction. Tucked away in the beautiful landscape of the Natchez Trace, our center provides a serene environment which allows our residents to focus on themselves and begin healing. Through a combination of intensive clinical therapy and 12 step immersion, a solution is given and a new model for living is developed. Our patients will graduate with a firm understanding of their disease and a method to find complete freedom from it. The families of our patients will also learn tools to create a healthy dynamic with their loved one. Our team members are not only the highest caliber professionals, but have recovered from their own battles with addiction. This is of the utmost importance to relaying this solution, as we have been where our patients are. This uniquely qualifies us to treat this disease! Our goal is to send our people out into the communities, not only to stay sober themselves, but to be able to provide these tools to others. Our graduates will truly know what it means to go The Extra Mile for their recovery!
- Serene Environment that Nurtures Healing and Self-Discovery
- Full-time Chef Prepared Meals & Nutrition Services
- Highly Experienced and Compassionate Sober Staff
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders TreatmentThese two terms describe a person who is not only addicted to drugs or alcohol, but also has a mental or emotional illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc. Facilities that treat patients with dual-diagnosis or co-occurring disorders provide psychiatric treatment in addition to drug and alcohol rehabilitation services.
Meet the Staff
- Scott SmithFounderAfter achieving sobriety himself, Scott decided to help others with their recovery by starting Brightside Sober Living and now he has opened Extra Mile Recovery to help other men experiencing the disease of addiction.
- Rod FarrarClinical DirectorRod Farrar has been working in the chemical dependency field since 1995. Since then, Rod pursued his master’s degree and is a licensed therapist. In addition to facilitating therapy, Rod has been an instructor of Psychology at the community college level as well as the Mississippi Addiction Counselor Training Program for Mississippi Association of Addiction Professionals. Rod is a board-qualified supervisor for professional counseling and certified supervisor for MAAP. Rod specializes in the treatment of trauma, complicated grief and chemical dependency and enjoys supervising beginning clinicians in the art of counseling.
- Financing Available
- Treatment Lending