Endeavor House

206 Bergen Avenue, Kearny, New Jersey, 07032
Endeavor House is a New Jersey-based alcohol and drug treatment center for adult men and women. The facility in Kearny offers a range of programs, including detox, residential, transitional living and outpatient services, all of which approach addiction from a multidisciplinary standpoint. Treatment is grounded firmly in the 12-Steps and stresses the importance of peer interaction and support, as well as the development of healthy coping skills for daily sober living.

• Family Therapy
  • 12 Step-based Program
  • Personalized Outpatient Plans

• Intensive Out Patient (IOP)

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.
  • Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Average Location/Amenities

• David Lewis
    David LewisExecutive Director
    David Lewis joined Endeavor House in 2012 with more than 25 years of healthcare marketing, business development and operations experience. Prior to joining Endeavor House, David was the director of business development at Summit Oaks Hospital, has a record of success in driving market share and profitability improvements. He has held management positions at several other health care facilities including U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group, Valencia, CA, and Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in West Orange, NJ. He holds an undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland, College Park.
  • Elizabeth Hill, LCADC, CCS, CODS, CTTS
    Elizabeth Hill, LCADC, CCS, CODS, CTTSClinical Director
    Liz Hill joined Endeavor House in early 2013, and brought a wealth of experience working in the fields of substance abuse and mental health treatment. Liz came to Endeavor House from the Carrier Clinic where she served as Director of the Blake Recovery center for nine years. She has held clinical management positions at Saint Clare’s Hospital in Boonton, the Sussex County Intoxicated Driver Resource Center, Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, and Sunrise House in Lafayette, NJ. She holds an undergraduate degree from Hunter College of CUNY, and a Master’s degree in Psychology from Fairleigh Dickenson University.

Joseph
I had a great experience at your detox considering all that crap I was dealing with . Your detox nurses were incredible they made me feel comfortable there were very attentive to all my needs especially Chrissy and Melissa they were amazing! And in all my 20 years of battling this addiction I’ve never had a detox check up on me the day after I left Your alumni Coordinator Stephen was great very compassionate gave his number and said if need anything don’t Hesitate to call him . I found that to be a great thing to do because you can never have enough outlets i will be recommending anybody that’s struggling to your program! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Matthew Lisiecki
This is not a treatment center for alcohol recovery. When I was there, I was only one of two people with alcoholism. The treatments and lectures are catered towards drug addiction. The patients were younger and no little to no respect for fellow patients and staff. If you’re looking for treatment for alcohol, I suggest you look elsewhere.
NMR
    My son was there for 28 days, well, actually 30 and neither I or my son have any complaints. They gave my son the tools he needed to cope and helped him find an Oxford house to live in. They were very professional.
    The population of the treatment house was much younger, had heroin addiction issues and were disrespectful to other residents and counselors. I would have tried to keep the recovering alcoholics, who tended to be older, together. I also would have preferred more AA meetings than NA meetings.
    F P
    It worked for me. This June 23 will be 5 years I'm clean & 5 years since I left this facility. So maybe some of the strictness paid off. Very strict with smoking & I was bored a lot of the time. Not allowed outside. The brought it meetings at night (Na, as, & ca). These were very helpful while on treatment to see ppl that had been where I was n were now living normal productive lives. They also had groups & councelling & meetings all day long