Eden Hill Recovery Retreat for Women
143 E Canaan Rd, Canaan, Connecticut, 06018
Eden Hill Recovery Retreat is a Transitional Living Program for women in early recovery. Our peaceful and private home, a lovingly-restored farmhouse that sits on an 18-acre property, is the perfect setting to cultivate the growth initiated in inpatient treatment and build it into habitual self-care and long-term recovery. With accommodations for twelve residents, we are able to offer maximal attention and create the ideal treatment plan for each woman. Living a substance free life involves many changes in a woman's daily routine. Going directly home after inpatient treatment can be overwhelming and too often results in a relapse. Transitional Living offers a safe, supportive and structured environment for women to bravely face these enormous changes through therapy, community and compassion. Our extended care women's program offers a comprehensive approach to treating alcohol, substance use, and co-occuring disorders. Treatment includes 24/7 care from dedicated professionals, three daily groups, and weekly individual psychotherapy with one of our licensed therapists. As the personalized plans and regular schedule are integrated into each women's life at Eden Hill, they serve as a blueprint for leading healthy, fulfilling, sober lives at home.
- Individualized treatment and aftercare plans for client and family by licensed professional
- Situated on serene 18-acre property with orchard, gardens and walking path
- Safe, supportive community of sober women with 24/7 staff supervision
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Aftercare SupportAddiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.
Meet the Staff
- Megan Wyrick, CACExecutive DirectorExecutive Director, Megan Wyrick, comes to Eden Hill as a Certified Addictions Counselor with many years of working with women recovering from Substance Use disorders. Megan takes a loving and caring approach and has a passion for helping women achieve their freedom from the grasps of addiction. She works with each woman to design an individualized, workable treatment plan encouraging the 12-step process and strengthening relapse prevention skills. She works closely with residents and their families to create an aftercare plan that promotes a smooth transition to an individual's new way of life.
- Wendy Walker Cleary, LCSWClinical DirectorWendy Walker Cleary comes to Eden Hill with twenty years of clinical experience and a passion for working with women and addiction; alcohol, drugs, and food. Ms. Cleary received her Masters in Social Work from NYU and a post masters certificate in trauma studies at the National Institute for Psychotherapies. She has Level 1 and Level 2 training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). Certified in Imago Relationship Therapy, Ms. Cleary is well versed in working with families as well. In summary, Ms. Cleary brings an integrative approach to treating the whole person with a deep understanding of the treatments that are most effective with women.
- Financing available