Centennial Peaks Hospital

2255 South 88th Street, Louisville, Colorado, 80027
Charter Centennial Peaks Hospital offers customized treatment plans for those with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental illnesses. Treatment options include acute inpatient treatment, inpatient detoxification, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. Programs geared toward seniors and adolescents are also available.

Patrick S. Tate
My mom has been bipolar since before I was born. We had tried so many things and every time she gets well, she stops her medications. Over and over. When she was in the hospital after an overdose, we thought it was hopeless. She was in the ICU for a week. Then she went to Centennial Peaks Hospital and they put her on a certification. She has been committed many times but nobody ever got her court ordered to stay on her medications before. We really liked the Nurse Practitioner who cared for my mom. He told us a lot about her condition and about how the court system works. A doctor called us a couple times and explained things too. He went to the court to force mom to stay on medication. They helped us get her into treatment with a mental health center where they can monitor and make sure she doesn’t stop her medications. So far it is going pretty good. My mom is angry at the doctor but not at us. It was really nice of them the way they handled it at the hospital and helped us stay on my mother’s good side. I am very grateful for all the work these professionals did to help her not only get stable but to stay stable and safe for the long term.
Patrick S. Tate
Mike
Our son was really sick and has been in about 10 different ER’s in 2020. He has schizophrenia and won’t take his medications. When he went to Centennial Peaks which is quite a long drive from our home we thought it would be more of the same revolving door. Dr. O’Brien spent time talking with us on the phone and listened to everything we had to say. They don’t let visitors come in because of COVID and so we had to just rely on the social workers and nurses to give us news. Dr. O’Brien went to court and made our son get on medication. They gave it in a long form injection that lasts for a month each shot. We just got his first shot out patient and he is doing really well. He has not used any street drugs because the voices are no longer scaring him. We really appreciate the team at Centennial Peaks Hospital. They were very professional and considerate.
CL
    Strengths: in patient program groups and individual therapy Internsive Out patient Program. Weaknesses: Not affordable for people without good insurance or Medicaid.
    not too sure yet, the fam member has sig history of addition inv relapse after relapse, he's found God (again) so we'll see. He's already relasped since discharge. Strengths of the facility: engaging, sense of safety, coord services with family supports.