Aurora Behavioral Health Care

11878 Avenue of Industry, San Diego, California, 92128
At Aurora Behavioral Healthcare - San Diego, individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction are provided medically monitored inpatient services and residential treatment for lasting results. Withdrawal assistance is provided in a supervised clinical setting for safe, effective detoxification. Assessment and detoxification are followed by individualized treatment planning, psychological and psychiatric evaluation, individual, group, and family therapy, life skills training, and transitional assistance as needed.

• Most Insurance Plans Accepted
  • Detox

• Psychiatric Services for Adolescents

The inpatient Treatment Program for children and adolescents provides the highest quality of care possible to patients and their families. This is accomplished by creating a structured environment that encourages early recovery and, in time, the patients return to a normal home life. This environment includes attention to the skills of daily living, educational and vocational development, opportunities to develop interpersonal skills with a group, the restoration of family relationships, and any special areas where the diagnosis and treatment process indicate that help is needed. Our treatment is based on our belief that children and teenagers differ a lot in the ways they mature and in the ways they handle the stress of these years. Therefore, we individualize our treatment approach to each situation. We use what is a called a "multi-disciplinary team" approach to treatment, which means that a variety of specialists will be available to work with the youth and family on all aspects of life.
  • Psychiatric Services for Adults

The Adult program provides two levels of care for inpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment: Intensive Treatment Unit: Offers close supervision for patients who are either detoxing or in need of more structure, due to their medical or emotional status. Open Unit: Provides group activities in a structured environment, that are specific to the patient's individualized needs, be it either through psychiatric track or dual diagnosis track.

• Average Location/Amenities

• Cindy Brooks
    Cindy BrooksDirector of Admitting/Communication
  • Jim Plummer
    Jim PlummerChief Executive Officer

Lawrence
I went to Aurora numerous times and they did not help whatsoever. The point of that facility is for you to hate it so much, that you never want to come back. They have horrible ways of dealing with agitated patients...This facility is not good for troubled teens and I definitely would never recommend anyone going here.
Mark
    I was greatly helped by the people at Aurora Behavioral Health facility in San Diego, CA in early 2007. But, before I was really ready for discharge, family members had me discharged. They moved me to Monroe, Michigan. And, although I have SOME psychiatric help here, for my bipolar condition, I am not doing nearly as well as I was from my time at Aurora. I have been wanting to leave for years. The services there, in San Diego were far better. A big reason why I am still here is that I don't know if the streets there would be be safe enough to live on. The Section 8 people took me off the list, while I was still living lived there. 7 and a half years of waiting my turn were suddenly shot to heck.
    AL
      I took a female Family member to Aurora to detox from drugs and to be stabilized. The people in intake told me that she will stay in Detox from 5-7 days. To my surprise she was there only 1 day, and did not detox at all. She was transferred to some unit. On the 6th day she was released, and she was just as agitated then when she got there. No improvement what so ever! Did not like it at all.
      It has a great plan for better family communication and deals with addiction contributors as well as the addiction itself. I'm not sure the individual case management is up to par. I noticed some of the other patients felt disconnected and misunderstood.. I do believe this facility as a whole cares about their patients and wants to help. I just feel the individual programs should be on the same page as the organization.
      staff was good. Inability to function when you leave, I was in Aurora for Xanax abuse (30 Years) for a week I was told this is the hardest drug to to kick....when I left they did not provide adequate follow up treatment and I got very sick