Penfield Christian Homes — Main Campus
1061 Mercer Circle, Union Point, Georgia, 30669
For more than 30 years, Penfield Christian Homes has offered hope to men and women suffering from the disease of addiction. The faith-based rehab believes that recovery is possible through spiritual renewal and strives to help clients reclaim their health, happiness and inner peace. Treatment addresses the whole person — body, mind and spirit — and helps clients bring these areas into balance by cultivating a personal relationship with God.
- We teach the medical aspects of addiction.
- We teach the nature of relapse and recovery through Relapse Prevention Counseling.
- We teach the Biblical Doctrine of God’s Grace and Love.
Client & Family Support GroupsResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Individual TherapyThis term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.
- Average Location/Amenities
Meet the Staff
- Mike Walker, BA, M.A.Ed.Chief Executive OfficerMike Walker received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in biology and psychology, from Shorter College in 1975. He holds two Master of Education degrees, the first from West Georgia College in Middle School Education with a concentration in math and science education. In 1980, Mike received his second Master of Education degree from the University Of Georgia, majoring in school psychology. Mike is uniquely qualified to serve as the Chief Executive Officer of Penfield as he served as the Executive Director of Hope Haven of Northeast Georgia from 1994 until July 2017. He has served as Certified Instructor with the Crisis Prevention Institute since 2005, as well as previously serving as the President for the Service Providers for Developmental Disabilities. Mike has completed the Executive Leadership Program for Nonprofit Organizations. Additionally, Mike has been awarded the DHR Commissioner’s Award for Outstanding Service, from the Georgia Department of Human Resources. Mike has a longstanding history with Penfield Christian Homes as he has previously served on the Board of Directors since 2001, as well as serving as Chairman of the Board in 2014.
- Bill King, D.Min, CAC II, CCS, MACCampus Director, Main CampusBill has a B.S. degree from The University of Tennessee and a M. Div. from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He received a Doctor of Ministry degree from Erskine Theological Seminary with emphasis on addiction studies. Bill has state and national credentials as an addiction counselor (CAC II, MAC, CCS). He has been working in the field of addiction for the past nine years at Penfield. Bill is also the pastor of The River of Life church in Eatonton, GA.
- Financing Available