Bassett Medical Center - Inpatient Psychiatry Unit

1 Atwell Road , Cooperstown, New York, 13326

Jesse
This hospital can be ranked as one of the best in my estimation in comparison to other psychiatric units. Now I was receptive to the treatment I was given, therefore this of course helped, but everyone on the staff night and day were courteous, professional, and treated me with utmost respect. When I entered the hospital, I was in poor mental health. Ten days later I left there with a different attitude and outlook. Certainly there are others that would not have had the same experience as I did, but it is important to note that I did not only get better, I did a 180 degree turnaround. I had to have a completely objective assessment outside of my usual routine. And for me going here worked! Admittedly, some of the other patients (with whom all of them i did get along) did not and could not respond as I did, but the atmosphere and professionalism is second to none! The facility was well maintained and clean, and the food was delicious and prepared well. As one could see, when I was released, I was pleased with the whole experience. Mental heath and problems associated with it are still in their infancy, but sometimes a different way may help. And for me it did. I hope my fellow sufferers have the same fortune as I did. If you are feeling or have thoughts that are painful, I recommend entering a hospital and I would impress one to try Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown.
Staff were good and they were very friendly.interacted group wise or one on one if you needed to talk personally. They helped you come to realize we all have faults.and help you physically come to terms mentally too.and let you feel relaxed.for a hospital setting.